Thursday, September 27, 2007

She's 6!





Toula had her 6th birthday on September 22nd. She got a lovely new collar that has flowers on it...a little more feminine than her black studded one she's had for 4 years. She got a new toy--a hedgehog...she loves getting new babies. And she got her favorite treat--BBQ chicken, with candles! When we found her 5 years ago at a gas station in Westport in Kansas City, I had BBQ chicken in the back seat of my car. I had made it for Jacob for dinner that night and he was taking the leftovers home for the next day. We tried to get her to come to us for the longest time but she was too scared...finally, she came to us for the chicken. We scooped her up, took her home and she's been glued to my side ever since. I love my baby so much!!

2 comments:

jess said...

Happy Birthday Toula! Liz, what a sweet story of how you found her and lured her to you with the chicken. I'd never heard that story before! Makes her an even more special doggie.

Next time, Sarge and Toula get to play when their mama's get together :)

erika d. said...

She is such a beautiful dog. I love the gas station story. Happy Birthday, Toula!